OKANAGAN INDIAN BAND
DATE 01/08/2021 AND TIME 16:00
The Okanagan Indian Band, assisted by the RCMP and Vernon Search and
Rescue acted quickly late Sunday afternoon and into Monday morning executing an Evacuation Order for people in the path of the White Rock Creek wildfire. Dozens of homes on the West Side of Okanagan Lake were affected by the order.
Currently, the White Rock Creek wildfire is an estimated 32,000 hectares in size.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas (Schedule 1):
Subdivisions are located below the Whiteman Creek drainage, south of the Mud Hole, including Parker Cove and Whiteman subdivisions.
More details are on the band's website https://www.facebook.com/OkanaganBand/
A partial list of properties affected by the Evacuation Order is at the bottom of the page
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• If you have lodging available to you and do not require immediate assistance, please head to that location and follow up with ESS reception at a later time.
• BAND MEMBERS: follow the travel route provided and register at: Head of the Lake Hall, 118 Head of the Lake Rd. Vernon, BC
• NON BAND MEMBERS: please register at 1480 Sutherland Ave, Kelowna
• If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the OKIB EOC at 250-306-8477
• Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
• Close all windows and doors.
• Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
• Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbor or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
• Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available.
• Take pets in pet kennels or on leash with food and water.
• If you have left pets and are not able to take them with you please notify the reception center.
• Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
From the Bands Facebook page:
Further information will be issued when available. For the most up to date information visit Facebook: OKIB Official and OKIB Public pages, or www.okib.ca for more information.
Check the Okanagan Indian Bands website for latest INFORMATION
Tags: Okanagan Indian Band Evacuation Order