April 13th, 2023: A Drug Alert has been issued for the entire British Columbia Interior Health Region
A substance being sold as cocaine has been connected with multiple overdoses.
The DRUG ALERT was issued on April 13th by Interior Health and includes Vernon.
A white powder, being sold as cocaine in the Interior Health Region of British Columbia contains Fentanyl and has a high risk of suffering a fatal overdose. Other risks are Amnesia, sleepiness, heavy snoring, and nodding out for a long time.
When using drugs with others take turns so you can help if needed.
Consider these additional tips if you are going to use drugs
- Find drug checking locations at www.drugchecking.ca
- Start with a small amount and space out your doses
- Be aware of risks if mixing with other drugs, including alcohol
- Be aware that benzodiazepine induced sedation is not reversible by naloxone
- Use with others around or at an Overdose Prevention Site if available in your
- Carry naloxone and know how to use it
- Get the LifeGuard App - lifeguarddh.com
- Call 211 or visit bc211.ca to find services near you
Use with others around or at an Overdose Prevention Site if available in your
Carry naloxone and know how to use it
Get the LifeGuard App - lifeguarddh.com
Call 211 or visit bc211.ca to find services near you