SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT has been issued by Environment Canada predicting heavy rainfall.
The warning has prompted the closure of several major stretches of highways in Southern British Columbia.
List of precautionary closures in effect as of November 27th
- Highway 99 closed between Pemberton and Lillooet due to risk of avalanche
- Highway 1 closed from Jackass Mountain Summit to Hope due to heavy rainfall warning
- Highway 1 closed between Bridal Falls Rd and Exit 165 due to heavy rainfall warning
- Highway 1 closed between Hope and Chilliwack because of avalanche risk
Road closures will be reassessed Sunday morning
As of 5:30 PM, a SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT is in effect for the
- Coquihalla Highway, Hope to Merritt due to heavy rainfall warning
- Highway 3, Hope to Princeton via Allison Pass due to heavy rainfall warning
As of 11:23 AM November 27th, a SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT is in effect for
- Southwest areas of Metro Vancouver due to heavy rain tonight and Sunday.
- Richmond and Delta due to heavy rain tonight and Sunday.